Sunbird Superior - ROOIBOS CHAI - 50g - 20 plastic-free tea bags
Sunbird Superior Rooibos Chai is an aromatic blend of naturally sweet Rooibos and our own blend of masala chai spices (cinnamon, ginger, cardamon, black pepper and cloves). It brews up a rich and full-bodied cup combining the best of the Cape and Indian style flavours. Contains 20 BioWeb® tea bags which are made from 100% renewable biopolymer.
Our ROOIBOS CHAI is an aromatic blend of organically grown
- naturally sweet Rooibos tea (Aspalathus linearis)
- black pepper and
Our Rooibos is grown by farmers who do not use any artificial fertilizers, herbicides or pesticides. All spices are CERTIFIED ORGANIC.
Each box has 20 X 2.5g compostable tea bags wrapped in a recyclable pouch. BioWeb® tea bags are made from 100% renewable biopolymer, polylactic acid (PLA), being 100% compostable and biodegradable. Their neutral odor and taste, and high transparency, make them ideal for a wide variety of specialty teas and infusions. Silken web highlights tea beautifully creating a luxurious tea experience at home
Rooibos (80%), Masala Mix (20%, cinnamon, cardamon, ginger, cloves, black pepper)
Inspiration for Sunbird Superior Collection
Our Superior collection of Rooibos tea (Aspalathus linearis) based blends is inspired by the natural splendour of the Cape and its history on the maritime spice route between Europe and Asia. Our fascination with fine flavours led us to source the best exotic and local spices to complement our premium organically grown Rooibos tea.
What is special about Rooibos tea?
- Rooibos plant (Aspalathus linearis) has green, needle-like leaves and tiny yellow flowers. When workers pick, bruise, and ferment the leaves to make tea, they turn a reddish color, giving the tea its name.
- It only grows in the Western Cape Province of South Africa.
- Rooibos is low in tannins and does not contain caffeine.
- It also blends well with other ingredients.
- Rooibos tea is considered an excellent anti-inflammatory drink that fights a large range of diseases.
- Researchers are especially interested in aspalathin, an antioxidant found in rooibos that may have the ability to lower blood sugar. Levels of aspalathis are higher in green Rooibos tea.
Packaging and storage
- The size of an individual box is 13.5cm X 5cm X 7cm
- Paper box and plastic pouch:100% RECYCLABLE
- Store in a cool and dry place before and after opening.
Brewing and storage instructions
- Steep in a cup of freshly boiled water for 6-8 minutes. Alternatively, boil vigorously on a stove top kettle for 2-4 minutes.
- Store in a cool dry place before and after opening
|Min Order Quantity||Negotiable|
|Flavor||Rooibos tea with cinnamon, ginger, cardamon, black pepper and cloves|
|Source||Cederberg Mountains in South Africa|
|Country of Origin||South Africa|
|Target Market||Indonesia, Japan, South Korea|
|Distributed in||Finland, France, Germany, South Africa, Sweden, UK|
|Certifications (Specify)||South African National Halaal Authority|
|Ingredient||Rooibos tea with cinnamon, ginger, cardamon, black pepper and cloves|
|Packaging Material||recyclable cardboard box, polyurethane pouch and compostable PLA tea bags|
|Package Size||13.5cm X 5cm X 7cm|